Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Meal Plan to Medicine Plans

After I posted my ever so ambitious Meal Planning Monday post, my babies got sick! and I mean SICK. On Sunday I took Gavin to Vancouver Clinic in Salmon Creek's Urgent Care. IT WAS AWFUL! I couldn't keep his fever down, he was coughing like crazy and he was starting to get eye guk. After informing the doctor of my concerns he looked at Gavin's ears and said, "Well, he has an ear infection" He also said no to pink eye and didn't even listen to his lungs. I was happy at least to get antibiotics. The next morning he was even worse. When he coughed, he could hardly breathe. We took him in to his regular pediatrician and left the doctors office with double ear infections, double pink eye, brochialitus, and pneumonia!!! REALLY???? Gavin was on Augmentin for 10 days and Albuteral breathing treatments 3-4 times a day. I am still so mad at that darn doctor. Gavin is fine now, thank GOD. It was so scary. I'm praying that not every cold turns into a breathing problem mess.

Back to my meals :)

I ended up making:
Chicken Pot Pie soup- AMAZING!
Slow Cooker Barbacoa Pork-INCREDIBLE!
Crock Pot Chicken taco Chili-FANTASTIC!

Tim couldnt get enough of everything. I also had enough of each portion she suggests for dinner for us, leftovers for lunch, and a couple to freeze also! I love skinnytaste.com!!!! Thank you Gina!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment